Virtual Water Cooler
Your McCall Virtual Water Cooler
California and San Francisco regulations require employers to post official notices in the workplace available to their employees. Since our Assignment Employees are out at McCall client work sites and not physically at McCall, we thought it we'd create a Virtual Water Cooler posting space for these notices for our off-site employees. We'll also use this space for news updates!
Read at your leisure, call with questions!
McCALL WATER COOLER NEWS
- Your service team of Laura, Mari, Sara, Kathy and Pegi will of course remain available whenever you need assistance.
- The only change is our new timecard automation which now allows for on-line client authorization that goes directly to payroll. This means you won't have to print and fax once every client sets up their user accounts.
For your convenience, details impacting time-reporting and payroll are listed below.
- Effective September 30th 2014, McCall employees working within the Bay Area may elect to participate in the Bay Area Commuter Benefits Program. This program will help reduce air pollution and trafic congestion by decreasing single-occupant vehicle commute trips to Bay Area worksites while providing tax savings for employees.
- Effective July 1st 2015, McCall employees who work in California for 30 or more days within a year from the beginning of employment is entitled to Paid Sick Leave.
PAYROLL & BILLING:
- The work week is Sunday through Saturday.
- McCall payroll and billing are computed and issued by our Emeryville accounting service, Certified Business Services, with the ability to offer online digital signature by authorized clients so that printing and faxing timecards will soon be a thing of the past. Payroll checks are issued by Certified Business Services.
- All employees will be paid on Friday for any approved timecards submitted by Tuesday of that week. This means if you receive a check by mail, it will be mailed Thursday; if you are paid with Direct Deposit, funds are transmitted Thursday night. Thursday holidays will result in a one day delay.
- Checks will be available for pick-up at the McCall offices after 8:30 AM on Fridays.
- Direct Deposit is through California Bank of Commerce.
- Your payroll contact email will remain email@example.com
- If you have problems getting started with the new timecard, contact the payroll service team in Emeryville by phone at 1-510-420-3747.
- The fax number for manually Authorized Timecards remains 1-415-397-8349 (This is subject to change at a later date.)
WATER COOLER NOTICES:
Rally round the water cooler to find out what you need to know!
The following links are to California Employer Required Notices, in PDF format.
Prolonged sitting at a desk or computer can cause muscular tension and pain. Taking a few minutes to do a series of simple stretches can make your whole body feel better. Your McCall Assignment Team is sending you some stretch ideas (PDF file 197KB) that you can do spontaneously several times during the day to remain comfortable and avoid feeling tense. The program will take 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Sitting as well as some standing stretches are good for overall circulation and health!